We’re living in a time where we are busier than we have ever been. We’ve been conditioned to believe that the more we do and the busier that we are, the more successful that we will be. As a result of continuous stress, lack of movement, lack of sleep/rest and poor diet choices, chronic disease (dis-ease) numbers continue to rise. Mindfulness (mindful practices) is one of the best tools that we can use to reverse these trends and get you on your journey to health & wellness.
- Mindfulness is non-judgmental, present moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations and our surrounding environment.
- Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.
- Mindfulness also involves acceptance, meaning that we pay attention to our thoughts and feelings without judging them—without believing that there’s a “right” or “wrong” way to think or feel in a given moment.
- Mindfulness allows us to detach from our future thinking and past thinking, to become grounded in the present moment
- Are Mindfulness and Meditation the same thing?
- Mindfulness is paying attention to what we are “Doing” (breathing, walking, eating, etc) and it involves enhanced focus and concentration.
- Meditation is paying attention to the experience of “Being” (non-doing) and it involves an open awareness.
- Mindfulness is a form of meditation, but not all meditation is mindfulness.
- We consider Mindfulness to be the runway to Meditation…
4 Steps to Mindfulness
- Breath Awareness
- Body Awareness
- Connecting to our surrounding environment through our 5 senses (sight, sound, touch, smell, taste)
- Honoring our thoughts, feelings and emotions
Mindfulness Audio Clips
Short Body Scan
- Boosts concentration & focus
- Reduces anxiety
- Decreases stress & slows aging
- Increases self awareness
- Increases energy
- Reduces pain / chronic pain
- Improves emotional regulation
- Improves self-esteem
- Improves heart function
- Helps with digestive problems
- Improves sleep
- Encourages healthy lifestyle
- Provides mental clarity
- Improves mood
- Increases productivity & efficiency
- MAKES YOU HAPPIER 🙂
- Mindful Practices
- Breathing Meditation
- Walking/Moving Meditation
- Eating Meditation
- Self-Care Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation Programs
- Individuals/Groups – We can create a Mindfulness Meditation Program to suit any individuals or groups based on their goals and intentions.
- Mindfulness for Business
- Many businesses are finding benefits to instituting mindfulness programs on all levels – leadership, middle management and the general workforce.
- Some of the proven benefits include reduced stress, increased focus and concentration, increased productivity and efficiency, improved emotional regulation and improved sleep.
- Contact us for more information about bringing mindfulness to your business.
“I would recommend Jon and Alena’s membership service to people of all ages who are interested in improving their health and pursuing wellness”.